The European Confederation of Institutes of Internal Auditing (ECIIA) elected new board members during the General Assembly, held virtually on the 20 October 2020.
Five board members were elected at the General Assembly and two are newly elected.
- Verra Marmalidou has been confirmed for a 3rd mandate. Verra is the President of IIA Greece. She is Internal Audit Director at National Bank of Greece Group. In the past she was head of the Private Banking at National Securities. Verra is also the new ECIIA treasurer
- Philippe Mocquard has been confirmed as representative from IIA France (IFACI), he has taken over the mandate in the course of the year. P. Mocquard is the CEO of IFACI.
- Massimiliano Turconi has been confirmed as representative from IIA Italy, he has taken over the mandate in the course of the year. M. Turconi is Chief Audit Executive of Ferrero and a member of the Board of IIA Italy.
The new elected Board members are:
- Róbert Kollár is representing IIA Hungary. R. Kollár is an Audit Director at K&H Bank and fulfills the role of the Methodology Head at KBC Group Audit. He gained his professional experience in Deloitte, Rabobank, Citibank, KBC Group, and K&H Bank in various audit functions over the past 20 years. Robert integrates the IIA Hungary Board, and he already served as president of the institute. He is the President of the Internal Audit Workgroup at the Hungarian Banking Association.
- John Bendermacher is representing IIA Belgium. J. Bendermacher is a former member of the IIA Global Board of Directors (2015-2019 and Executive Committee (2018/2019), and the Global Advocacy Committee (2016/2018). He also was member and Chairman of the IIA Netherlands Board (2012/2018). John is Chief Audit Executive of Euroclear group (based in Brussels, Belgium) and has a long career in Internal Audit and in the IIA. John will chair the PACC from January 2021.
A press release is available here.