The IIA Global has just issued a practice guide: “Foundations of Internal Auditing in Financial Services Firms”.
It provides additional information, advice and best practices for providing Internal Audit Services. It supports the IIA Standards by addressing topical areas and sector-specific issues.
This guidance will highlight the importance of managing an effective internal audit activity within the financial services industry, including:
- The risk landscape in financial services
- The regulatory landscape in financial services
- Key principles of sound risk governance
- Collaboration with other assurance providers
- Internal audit coverage
- Internal audit activity management in the context of financial services